The Feast of the Seven Fishes “Festa dei sette pesci” is an Italian celebration of Christmas Eve with meals of fish and other seafood. Most families have developed their own traditional way of serving their favorites. There are no hard rules about what should be included and how it should be prepared. Some families serve separate dishes and others will make a fish stew and incorporate a variety of fishes in one dish. Here are some Italian-American favorites:
– Seafood based dip or bruschetta for starter
– Cold seafood salad- squid is a favorite fish to incorporate into a light lemony aioli
– Meaty seafood – shrimp, cod, flounder, tilapia, salmon, bass, lobster – grilled, seared, baked, stuffed
– Pasta with seafood – linquini with clam sauce is a popular favorite
– Seafood stew – tomato based with clams, mussels, octopus, lobster, cod, shrimp, bass, squid – many choices
Parisi Family Deli offers several seafood selections on a regular basis. Tuna salad, tilapia, linguini and clam sauce are popular favorites! It is recommended to reap the health benefits of consuming a variety of seafood 2 times per week. Enjoy pesce for lunch and/or dinner.
Happy holidays to you and your family. Have some pesce and buon appetito!